With the rapidly changing circumstances around COVID-19, Reed Orthodontics is taking certain steps to ensure the safety of its patients, patient families and staff. This is a difficult time, and our hearts go out to people affected by this unprecedented event. We have always prided ourselves in the fact that you trust us to deliver orthodontic care in a supportive, professional and safe environment. Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients and community.
We have been monitoring the situation closely, and after careful consideration of current posted guidelines by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Association of Orthodontists (AAO), we are taking the following actions to minimize risks associated with the virus and help protect you and the community. This will be in effect until April 1st, or upon further notice:
Sharply reduce operating capacity
- The primary means of virus transmission is through the entry to the respiratory system, especially the nose and mouth. We will postpone all procedures that produce droplets or aerosols. This includes scanning teeth for appliance fabrication and the removal of braces. If you or your child is scheduled for such an appointment, we will contact you to reschedule.
- In support of calls for social distancing, we are reducing our capacity dramatically. This includes rescheduling all retainer check appointments to later in the Summer or Fall. Please be diligent in wearing retainers at bedtime and keeping them clean. The retainers will remain effective (holding teeth in place) during this time frame.
Minimize people in the reception area and office
- In an effort to follow the social distancing recommendations, we will attempt to minimize, to the greatest extend possible, people in the reception area. Therefore, we are asking you to drop your child off and wait outside or in your car. With a limited schedule, our staff will meet you at the entrance of the suite, check in your child and bring them back to the chair. Then, once the visit is complete, we will text you for pick-up and ensure your child meets you at the office’s front door again.
- To the extent possible, please do not bring children or other friends and family who are not patients. We realize that children are home due to school closings. However, we are trying our best to mitigate the spread of the virus, especially to the older population of grandparents who are caregivers and elderly patients. Again, we will assist you in making sure the patient safely enters and leaves the office with you.
- If you or a family member is sick, had a cough or fever within the last 48 hours, or traveled internationally in the past 14 days, we ask that you do not visit the office. Please call and reschedule your appointment.
Ensure a safe and healthy environment for any and all visitors
- We removed all magazines, toys and books from the reception area. We also took away some of the waiting room chairs for social distancing purposes.
- We will continue to wipe down all surfaces in the front office and reception areas with antimicrobial wipes several times a day.
- We will continue to follow clinical universal precautions and guidelines as prescribed the CDC and ADA, including standard sterilization and sanitizing techniques, for the purposes of strict infection control.
We appreciate your understanding during this very challenging time and are grateful to our patients for helping us take precautions. Please know that we will continue to monitor developments and will communicate with our patients as the situation evolves.
Small actions make a big difference when everyone helps out – thank you for doing your part.